|Posted by eurovision on top on July 25, 2017 at 11:50 AM||comments (0)|
Lisbon is the host city of Eurovision 2018 according to all the portuguese newspapers.
In less than one hour, all the details will be revealed and we will give you all the information you need:
- 8, 10 and 12 are the dates for Eurovision 2018.
- The biggest closed venue in the country will host the event: MEO Arena. Originally Pavilhão Atlantico, it is now property of the french company Altice, and it can change the name in the upcoming months. As we predicted months ago, the favourite place of EBU was chosen.
- The main theme will be something that relates Sea and Oceans. According to the Statement for press, "Europe has always been plural, yet it’s legacy represents the wish for a brighter future, with one another. Portugal is a country in one of the far reaches of Europe, and strongly connected to it, but always wide opened to the sea. And the oceans can give us a hint into this idea of being intertwined. All things flow. And through them we too are connected. That has been the main key in Portugal’s history, bridging not only with the rest of Europe, but also with Africa, the Americas, Asia and Oceania. By sea. Five hundred years ago Lisbon was the place where these sea routes departed from and arrived. And today, the city of diversity, respect and tolerance, with a society of all colours and creeds that shares the values Eurovision stands for, invites everyone to celebrate this willingness to come closer and stand united."
- At Terreiro do Paço, in the downtown, a lot of events will take part.
- The portuguese national final will be held in Guimarães, the first capital of the country (12th century). In the next 4 years, a different city will host the national final.
The press conference was given by the President of RTP, the Mayor of Lisbon and Guimarães and a supervisor of Eurovision. It was conducted by Filomena Cautela one of the most popular presenters in RTP.
|Posted by eurovision on top on July 13, 2017 at 2:55 AM||comments (0)|
Once again, a danish artist will participate in the Eurovision Live concert Portugal. Anja, this year representative will go to Setúbal (Portugal) on september 9th just as Jakob Sveistrup and Thomas Thordarson did it before.
The other confirmed artists are:
Ilinca and Alex Florea
We will keep you updated but don't hesitate to ask us about accomodation, how to reach the place, etc: [email protected]
|Posted by eurovision on top on July 9, 2017 at 12:05 AM||comments (0)|
Kikki Danielsson went to Eurovision twice. In 1982 with Chips achieving the 8th place and in 1985 ranking 3rd with Bra Vibrationer.
After several hits, Kikki released JAG TRODDE ÄNGLARNA FANNS in 1999, in a duet with Ole Ivars. It became a success in Norway.
In May 2017, "I thought angels were" got a new life in the new musical more modern, then Norwegian Kamferdrops on 12th May year released the song in Norway and Sweden.
The lyrics describe a love meeting , most likely between a Swedish and a Norwegian. One person suspects first that angels exist only in heaven , but when he meets his love, like this it feels like meeting an angel.
The new version by Kamferdrops is now at number 2 in Sweden and number 35 in Norway!
Listen both versions of the songs here:
Kamferdrops - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9L1w3hwLOU
|Posted by eurovision on top on July 3, 2017 at 7:30 PM||comments (0)|
For the second consecutive night, the Cultural Center of Belém was crowded to listen to Salvador Sobral, in the town which him is considered a son, Lisbon. We were there, together with the public in which we could see people of all type, from families to pairs of grandparents or young adolescents. All gathered to listen to the new star.
Before the concert began a voice was heard, instead of the recording that normally remembers that you can not record sounds or images - it was Salvador himself saying that tonight he could not come. All night with this kind of jokes between song and song to the point of briefly making us wonder if we were in a stand up comedy. The good mood marked the whole concert. It was unnecessary to ask the public to disconnect their mobile phone, specially because in that Theatre, that is the most important in the city, or perhaps in the country, only a few dare to turn on the mobile. And in case you do it, a lady lights a flashlight in your face that will embarrass you enough.
The great hall of the CCB is the typical Theater where only the big artists can enter, from Jazz or World music to classical music. And there was Sobral. Two songs and the artist began to say ironically that "Fame is to be in a restaurant with the face full of pasta and you have to smile for a photo", and shouts "Life is a selfie". What problem do you have with technology? You will not change people's mind no matter what you tell them to do. Well, you need to understand the way Salvador thinks. He is probably not the kind of guy that can express himself by saying only a phrase. More its needed to understand him.
It may be immature and it does not like the new technologies but what he is living now after having won Eurovision in a country like Portugal can be supported. Portugal is the country where you can find Sara Tavares in a supermarket or Dulce Pontes on a terrace drinking coffee. And nothing happens, people respect them and they do not need to hide from fans.
But back to music, listening him in a live show is like listening to a CD. They could have recorded the concert and published it. On stage he was accompanied by 3 exceptional musicians, including Julio Resende, a piano master and a jazz musician. Thanks to his musicians and his vocal improvisations, his soft jazz becomes something pleasing to the ear and despite the half dozen songs Salvador conquered the public. The artist was surprised that the audience knew "Excuse me" by heart but his album is number one! People buy it! "Nem eu" was another song that the public sang all together. The interaction with the audience was constant and he made us sing and applaud. Salvador is not only a singer, he is one of those interpreters who can be called a true musician.
When he sang "Amar pelos dois" the audience surrendered. Before, he told us the story of the song and its passage through Eurovision: "I don't regret. I would have done it again!" And it is better to think like that because no matter what, Salvador will always be the winner of Eurovision from Portugal!
|Posted by eurovision on top on June 30, 2017 at 10:40 AM||comments (0)|
He may be controversial in what he says but in reality he is a case of success:
- Their song of eurovision has been chosen for all type of spectacles, parodies and events, with fireworks or not.
- His first album that was released a year ago is number one on the sales charts in his country.
- A book was just published in his honor: "Salvador Sobral: Heart of Hero".
And after the single was sold out for a week, the stores have a new edition.
The last times that a disc of a song of Eurovision in Portugal was published were in 2003 and in 2011.
In 2003, the single of Rita Guerra had several editions and was one of the great bets of the young publisher FAROL. The single of the song of 2011 (Homensda Luta) did not have the same luck and was able to be bought for less than a euro.
So if you do not have the single of the winning song on Eurovision yet, hurry up because it can be sold out again soon.