|Posted by eurovision on top on July 31, 2017 at 10:50 AM||comments (0)|
RTP will pay 10,000 euros for a study on the economic impact of the Eurovision 2018 Festival, which will take place in Lisbon.
According to the business newspaper Jornal de Negócios, a contract was signed last Wednesday with Pricewaterhouse Coopers (PwC), which will now have 15 days to complete the study to determine the impact of the organization of the show.
The Eurovision Song Contest 2018 will take place in May next year at Parque das Nações in Lisbon. The qualifiers will take place on 8 and 10 May, with the final taking place on the 12th at the Meo Arena.
The Terreiro do Paço will also be reserved for the event, for ten days, hosting Eurovision Village. With the victory of Salvador Sobral the Portuguese public television was in charge of organizing next year's edition of the event.
A cost that, according to analysts, ranges from 20 million euros (case of the 2013 edition in Malmo, Sweden) and 56.7 million euros (2012 edition in Baku, Azerbaijan). The total budget of the public station for 2017 is 235.8 million euros.
|Posted by eurovision on top on July 25, 2017 at 11:50 AM||comments (0)|
Lisbon is the host city of Eurovision 2018 according to all the portuguese newspapers.
In less than one hour, all the details will be revealed and we will give you all the information you need:
- 8, 10 and 12 are the dates for Eurovision 2018.
- The biggest closed venue in the country will host the event: MEO Arena. Originally Pavilhão Atlantico, it is now property of the french company Altice, and it can change the name in the upcoming months. As we predicted months ago, the favourite place of EBU was chosen.
- The main theme will be something that relates Sea and Oceans. According to the Statement for press, "Europe has always been plural, yet it’s legacy represents the wish for a brighter future, with one another. Portugal is a country in one of the far reaches of Europe, and strongly connected to it, but always wide opened to the sea. And the oceans can give us a hint into this idea of being intertwined. All things flow. And through them we too are connected. That has been the main key in Portugal’s history, bridging not only with the rest of Europe, but also with Africa, the Americas, Asia and Oceania. By sea. Five hundred years ago Lisbon was the place where these sea routes departed from and arrived. And today, the city of diversity, respect and tolerance, with a society of all colours and creeds that shares the values Eurovision stands for, invites everyone to celebrate this willingness to come closer and stand united."
- At Terreiro do Paço, in the downtown, a lot of events will take part.
- The portuguese national final will be held in Guimarães, the first capital of the country (12th century). In the next 4 years, a different city will host the national final.
The press conference was given by the President of RTP, the Mayor of Lisbon and Guimarães and a supervisor of Eurovision. It was conducted by Filomena Cautela one of the most popular presenters in RTP.
|Posted by Pedro.Eurovisionontop on June 15, 2017 at 11:15 AM||comments (0)|
The first official meeting with the portuguese delegation and the EBU took place in Geneva. The portuguese delegation represented by Carla Bugalho (Head of delegation) and Cristina Tomé (CFO of RTP) confirmed that after the spectacular victory they very fast started to work on the preparations for 2018.
The first thing was to read all the documentation, which was handed over by Ole Sand after the winners press conference in Kiev.
The first meeting was with the reference group wish is formed by members of the EBU, the next and the previous host. In this case the ukrainian broadcast members told the lessons learned to the portuguese broadcaster.
Rumors says that EBU wasn`t very happy with the difficulties during the preparations of the last year. And for sure they will be monitoring closer the process in Portugal.
Cristina Tomé promised that Portugal will be waiting with sunshine for the fans. And Carla repeated that the happines was verz big and the experience to listen to "12 points" was unique.
The next steps will be the choice of the host city and working on the theme and logo.
Eurovision on top will follow the process and keep you updated.
Have a look on the official of the eurovision.tv
Pedro de Almeida
|Posted by eurovision on top on June 11, 2017 at 10:10 AM||comments (0)|
Portugal is getting ready for Eurovision but it still a long way.
Getting more and more experience in Eurovision events, the organization of portuguese Summer Live Concert is working hard and we are taking part of it once again.
While negotiations with artists are going on the date was set for September 9th. This year will have Eurovision Artists from 2017, some big classic icons of Eurovision and of course, in a very special year for Portugal, portuguese artists.
The first two names were advanced: Sanja Vučić, the serbian representative of 2013, and Anabela, the portuguese singer from 1993.
"THE CELEBRATION" is the title of this year sevent and the organization is expecting it to be one of the biggest editions ever.
We will keep you updated.
|Posted by eurovision on top on May 19, 2017 at 2:30 PM||comments (0)|
Rumors are starting to appear in the magazines and on the internet about next year's eurovision
Maybe it is too soon, but magazine TV Guia (TV Guia) in a interview to this years commentator José Carlos Malato, suggested Catarina Furtado as presenter. Catarina is 44 years old and started her career in the weekly chart show TOP+, but she gained recognition by presenting every week the show Chuva de estrelas (Stars in their eyes).
According to Malato, Eurovision needs glamorous women with a perfect english.
Some weeks ago Pedro Granger, actor and eurovision fan, has already said that the presentation of the Eurovision Song Contest is his biggest dream.
RTP is still looking for a city and a place, even Lisbon and MEO Arena might be the best options, and the decisions about who's going to present the contest are only gossip.