|Posted by Eurovision On Top on April 23, 2018 at 4:35 PM||comments (0)|
The President of the Republic today decorated the musicians Luísa and Salvador Sobral with the degree of commendation of the Order of Merit for the "singular success" they achieved last year with the victory of the Eurovision Song Contest.
Marcelo Rebelo de Sousa made this gesture at the end of the ceremony for the presentation of the 2017 Personality of the Year Award to Luísa and Salvador Sobral by the Association of the Foreign Press in Portugal (AIEP), at the Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation in Lisbon.
The head of state referred to the victory of the song "Amar pelos dois", composed by Luísa Sobral and interpreted by his brother, Salvador Sobral, in the final of Eurovision , on May 13 of last year, as a "singular success "which could not fail to deserve a distinction.
"Almost a year from now, there is already the distance that was lacking in the swirl of facts and feelings that were then dominant," said the President of the Republic, adding: "This is the appropriate moment to announce the award with the Order of Merit attributed on behalf of Portugal".
The President is well known by the selfies he tooks with the population in general. This is the selfie that was missing for the recognition of the portuguese victory!
source and picture: wort.lu/contacto
|Posted by Eurovision On Top on April 23, 2018 at 12:10 AM||comments (0)|
After last years deception, the one time country winner is back as one of the favourites.
Who is Elina, the responsible for it?
1. Elina Netšajeva was born 26 years ago at Tallin.
2. She studied at the French school of Tallin and graduated in classical singing.
3. Her public debut came in the third season of Eesti otsib superstaari, where she participated,
4. In December 2017, she changed her stage name from Elina Netšajeva to Elina Nechayeva.
5. In 2017 she was one of the hosts for the semi-finals of her country's Eurovision selection programme, Eesti Laul.
|Posted by Eurovision On Top on April 22, 2018 at 1:00 PM||comments (0)|
In 16 days, the final of Eurovision will take place in Lisbon but the eurovision week will start one week before, with delegations arriving everyday.
In one week, the first rehearsals will take place.
Now that we know everything about the locations of the Euroclub, Eurocaffé and Eurovillage, Lisbon is getting ready to welcome the event with signs of eurovision in every corner.
The surroundings of the Altice Arena and Press centre are covered by signs of "All Aboard" but from the Oriente Station to the main avenues (Liberdade, Picoas, Saldanha, Downtown, ...) the references to Eurovision are happening everyday. The city is ready! The country is ready!
And you are all Welcome!
|Posted by Eurovision On Top on April 22, 2018 at 11:55 AM||comments (0)|
5 finals out 14 participations and and a 6th place. Belarus it's one of the less succesfull countries at Eurovision.
But will it be Forever? Who is Alekseev?
1. Alekseev's real name is Nikita Vladimirovich Alekseev.
2. He was born in Kiev, Ukraine, 24 years ago.
3. He was a semifinalist at The voice of Ukraine - season 4 - as Ani Lorak turned her chair.
4. Is song "А я плыву" (And I'm Swimming) was number 1 in Ukraine.
5. In March 2017, the artist won ZD Awards and Top Hit Music Awards in several categories: "Breakthrough Artist of The Year", "Artist of The Year", "Take-Off of The Year", "Most Frequently Played on The Radio" for the track Dunken Sun and "Most Popular Radio Artist".
|Posted by Eurovision On Top on April 22, 2018 at 11:35 AM||comments (0)|
Lithuania reached the final for 12 times out of 18 participations. But the best place was only a 6th, like Portugal before 2017. Will Ieva make it?
Who's Ieva Zasimauskaitė?
1. She appeared on The Voice Of Lithuania for the first time in 2012 where she reached the superfinal but didn't quite make the cut.
2. Ieva Zasimauskaitė had previously attempted to represent her country in 2013, 2014, 2016, and 2017.
3.Ieva Zasimauskaitė was married in 2015 . Her husband Marius Kiltinavičius (born 1982) is basketball coach of the Lithuanian National Basketball Team (U-20) and former singer of the Boys band N.E.O.
4. Ieva is vegetarian, she's interested in Ayurveda and practices meditation.
5. She received a Bachelor's degree in Hotel Management from the International School of Law and Business in the capital, Vilnius.