|Posted by Pedro.Eurovisionontop on May 5, 2016 at 3:05 AM||comments (0)|
Serbia is going to sing for the second time in eglish. The singer Sanja made it to Stockholm performing her song in a kind of Amy Winehouse style.
Eurovision on top had the chance of a quick interview with Sanja. Read now what her answers have bee.
1. What is the story behind your song?
The song brings a strong message along. It is a big worldwide issue, the abusse over women. And I hope I will get the message through with as much emotion as I can. It is really important to stay strong and victorious, which I believe all woman are.
2. How did you decide to participate at the Serbian national final?
I got the proposal after the music director of the RTS saw me in a music show called “Tri boje zvuka” (Three colors of the sound). I guess someone liked what I was doing and the way that I do it, and thought I would be a good choice. It is mild to say I was surprised, I was mind blown, amazing feeling.
3. There are people saying that you are the Serbian Amy Winehouse. What is your answer and reaction to that?
There was no intention to look like Amy.
4. What was so far (besides winning the national final) your musical highlight of your career?
I think that I'm on right track and hope to stay on it.
5. What is your all-time favorite of the Serbian entrees?
All of Serbian entrees are special for me.
6. Which targets do you have till, during and most important after Eurovision?
I plan on continuing making music with my band ZAA, ofcourse. But at the end of the day, who know what the new day brings.
7. Europe actually is having a lot of challenges. What is your view and the message you want to send to everyone in this times?
I wish for all of you to be loved, to share positive vibrations, never give up on what you love!
8. What do you think, will our readers see a lot of songs in our weekly charts in the future, they can vote for?
Songs are amazing and unique in their own way so I think ther would be something for everyone.
Eurovision on top will like alwaysa follow also Sanja during Eurovision and afterwards.
Stay tuned and updated.
Pedro de Almeida
|Posted by eurovision on top on April 14, 2016 at 1:05 PM||comments (0)|
In 1973, Zdravko Colic represented Yugoslavia in Eurovision with the song Gori Vatra.
Now it is public that one year later and just before the release of his first album, Ti i ja, the famous artist born in Sarajevo, signed a deal with the German arm of WEA record label and did two singles for that market.
German producers were of the opinion that his name was too difficult to pronounce for their consumers so they marketed him as Dravco. Soon, however, Čolić decided not to pursue his options in that country further mostly because he was unwilling to move to Germany.
Would he had the same succesfull career if was move to Germany?
Listen one of the songs in German which is a cover of Everything I own by Bread (1972), popularized by Boy George (1987):
Recall Gori Vatra:
|Posted by eurovision on top on April 11, 2016 at 3:25 PM||comments (0)|
Why has the serbian singer ZAA in her name? Find more about Sanja Vučić here:
1. She finished both primary and secondary music school in Kruševac, at the department of opera singing.
2. As a member of ZAA, Sanja Vučić had one album called "What About" (2014).
3. She currently lives in Belgrade, where she attends the Faculty of Philology, Department of Arabic Language and Literature.
4. Since April 2012, when she joined a crossover band called ZAA, as a permanent member, she has performed at more than 100 concerts in the region (at festivals like Exit, Love Fest, Nishville, Arsenal Fest, Overjam Reggae Festival in Slovenia, Lake Fest in Nikšić, etc.).
5. She played the song Underground Riot with Y.O.X .
|Posted by eurovision on top on March 7, 2016 at 2:20 PM||comments (0)|
One more edition of the Oskar Popularnosti was held last 1st of March.
These Awards are the based on popularity votings and are given every year in the Bosnia and Herzegovina city of Banja Luka.
In this edition, Jelena Tomasevic won the Awards for Best Album by "Ime moje" and Daniel Kajmakoski won the Award for new song by "Samo za ljubav".
Daniel has been shooting the new video for this song with no more than 30 models.
The next edition of Oskar Popularnosti in 2017, will be the 20st.
|Posted by eurovision on top on November 12, 2015 at 10:25 AM||comments (0)|
Justyna Steczkowska, one of the greatest and most respected Polish artists and Boban Markovic - the most famous Serbian Roma trumpet player - and his Orchestra joined forces, resulting in the hit album I Na Co Mi Było?
Justyna Steczkowska with the aim of this international project plays the gypsy femme fatale, and her image for the album perfectly reflects the unique character of the whole project.
The album, released by T1-NOW, promote two singles: “Kto wciska mi kit” and “Biel całuje biel”, which rapidly conquered the hearts of listeners. The album is now in the polish album charts.
The video is produced by Piotr Smoleński.