|Posted by eurovision on top on July 25, 2017 at 11:50 AM|
Lisbon is the host city of Eurovision 2018 according to all the portuguese newspapers.
In less than one hour, all the details will be revealed and we will give you all the information you need:
- 8, 10 and 12 are the dates for Eurovision 2018.
- The biggest closed venue in the country will host the event: MEO Arena. Originally Pavilhão Atlantico, it is now property of the french company Altice, and it can change the name in the upcoming months. As we predicted months ago, the favourite place of EBU was chosen.
- The main theme will be something that relates Sea and Oceans. According to the Statement for press, "Europe has always been plural, yet it’s legacy represents the wish for a brighter future, with one another. Portugal is a country in one of the far reaches of Europe, and strongly connected to it, but always wide opened to the sea. And the oceans can give us a hint into this idea of being intertwined. All things flow. And through them we too are connected. That has been the main key in Portugal’s history, bridging not only with the rest of Europe, but also with Africa, the Americas, Asia and Oceania. By sea. Five hundred years ago Lisbon was the place where these sea routes departed from and arrived. And today, the city of diversity, respect and tolerance, with a society of all colours and creeds that shares the values Eurovision stands for, invites everyone to celebrate this willingness to come closer and stand united."
- At Terreiro do Paço, in the downtown, a lot of events will take part.
- The portuguese national final will be held in Guimarães, the first capital of the country (12th century). In the next 4 years, a different city will host the national final.
The press conference was given by the President of RTP, the Mayor of Lisbon and Guimarães and a supervisor of Eurovision. It was conducted by Filomena Cautela one of the most popular presenters in RTP.