|Posted by Eurovision On Top on April 30, 2018 at 8:40 AM||comments (0)|
All the newspapers in Portugal, from DN to Público or Observador are writing that Mikolas Josep was badly injured in the back this Sunday, having been sent to the hospital.
All the newspapers show a picture of the artist in the Hospital and as he revealed in Instagram:
"I will perform no matter what"! All the best Mikolas!
|Posted by Eurovision On Top on April 20, 2018 at 5:35 PM||comments (0)|
With 6 participations and 1 time in the final, Czech republic will try to get their best position with Mikolas Josef.
1. Mikolas Josef (born 4 October 1995) is a Czech singer, songwriter, music producer, music video director and choreographer.
2. Because the writting of the names and surnames, people tend to confuse him with Josef Mikoláš who was a Czechoslovak ice hockey goaltender of the 1950s and 1960s.
3. He worked as a street performer and folk guitarist in several European cities such as Oslo, Zürich, Hamburg, and Vienna.
4. He independently released his debut single "Hands Bloody" in 2015 but the following year, he released the single "Free", which became a top twenty hit in the Czech Republic.
5. Josef was approached to represent the Czech Republic in the Eurovision Song Contest 2017 with the song "My Turn", but rejected the offer as he did not believe the song suited him
|Posted by Pedro.Eurovisionontop on February 4, 2018 at 5:40 AM||comments (0)|
He is young, he has talent, he is smart and he will be a fresh sea breeze in the eurovision song contest.
Eurovision on top had the chance to interview Mikolas Josef, a young man with humor and nothing to loose in Lisbon. But we think a lot to win
1. Mikolas, when you think about Portugal, what is the first thing having in mind?
Surely the first thing that comes to my mind is Cristiano Ronaldo and a country that I have sadly never been to.
2. Have you ever been to Lisbon and what did you like the most? Or what are you the most excited about Lisbon, if it is your first time?
I have not yet been to Lisabon. However that will change in exactly 8 days and I cant wait to see it! Many of my friends urge me to also visit other cities like Porto and Sintra. I am a passionate traveller and every chance I get I go for a hike. Perhaps that is the reason most of my music videos were shot in places outside of my hometown. I would love to see Faro and Lagos too. I truly hope we will get a chance to travel around.
3. What was your reaction about the victory of Salvador last year?
Honestly I was not surprised. He was so pure and authentic that even if he did not win he would be the winner to me.
4. What is the message of your song “Lie to me”?
Believe it or not, Lie to Me took me exactly one year to write and produce. It came to be after a long lasting depression that followed after a very bad break up that I have been through. Like most of my songs it was written as a sad balad with a guitar and after some time I was just like.. I dont want to think like this anymore you know? I want to move on and get on top of things and let go of the hurt and negativity. Lie to Me is basically me transforming that negativity in myself and letting out something positive into the world. Something that people can dance to and laugh about. Honestly, it saved me. The message is - if you are ever going through a struggle like I did try to see it in the more positive light no matter how hard that appears to be.
5. What is your link to Eurovision so far?
I admit I started to look more closely on ESC after I was asked to go there one year ago. I guess you can consider me as a kind of a newbee in ESC (laughter)
6. What do you expect from Eurovision for your musical career?
I have decided to go to Eurovision with no expectations at all. I am very happy I get to represent my country but my mind is not set on any price. I will just be myself, have fun and lets see what happens!
7. What does the theme “All aboard” means to you?
Positivity! It says that all are welcomed without trying to point out any differences between us. Also, Portugal being famous for its seamanship I think it fits very well.
8. Eurovision this year will be without big LED walls, what do you think about that fact?
I kind of like it actually. It will put more focus on the performance!
9. The inspiration for the theme of this year was the ocean. Which meaning does it has for you?
All I can say about this one is that I am very afraid of deep waters (laughter) Swimming in where I cant see the bottom always gives me the feeling that something can bite me out of nowhere haha.
10. Czech Republic still is waiting for a big success at Eurovision. How do you think, you could change that?
I am trying to look at ESC not as a competition but more of like countries getting together showing how far they managed to get in music during the previous years. I believe that the moment you start competitng you lose the magic. After all, this is music. Look at Salvador. He was there only for the music and thats it. I will be there to share emotions and I wont think about coming first or last. Maybe that was the mistake the people who went to represent my country did in the previous years.
Eurovision on top wishes the best of luck to Mikolas and we will continue to update you about his steps on the way to Lisbon.
Pedro de Almeida
|Posted by Pedro.Eurovisionontop on January 30, 2018 at 4:30 PM||comments (0)|
Mikolas Josef with the song "Lie to Me", will represent the Czech Republic in the 63rd edition of the Eurovision Song Contest that will take place in the city of Lisbon.
The election has been through a selective process in which six songs competed to represent the Czech Republic in Eurovision and where the winner has been selected through a mixed system of international jury and vote of the public through the app of the festival (50/50).
Czech Republic debuted in 2007 with the Kabat group who obtained the last position in their semifinal with 1 point, the country returned after retiring in the 2016 edition held in Stockholm. In last participation celebrated in Kiev, this country did not obtain the pass to the great final with the singer with Martina Bárta.
This year in Lisbon maybe the new sounds they send to Eurovision will help to start a new chapter in the eurovision history.
|Posted by Eurovision On Top on November 16, 2016 at 7:25 AM||comments (0)|
Noid releases his new album with a Selection of major musical songs dominated by fresh tracks from the new musical Bonnie & Clyde.
Noid took part in Eurovision with Marta Jandová in 2012 representing Czech Republic.