|Posted by Eurovision On Top on May 12, 2016 at 4:00 AM||comments (0)|
iTunes showed clear signs of Eurovision one day after the 1st semifinal and in case it predicted the first countries to qualify than it will be a good indicator to predict the winner just like in the last two years.
The Russian entry is now in 16 charts all over europe, being number 1 in Russia and in Latvia.
Zoe and Frans are both in the charts of 12 countries, with If I were sorry peaking the number 1 in Sweden.
Amir still in 10 countries with the best position at number 8 in France.
And as a surprise, we find Douwe Bob in 6 countries, being number 1 in Estonia and in The Netherlands.
Check the full positions:
Sergey Lazarev - You are the only one (16 countries)
175 France; 45 Netherlands; 80 Switzerland; 73 Spain; 79 Norway; 1 Russia; 17 Sweden; 73 Austria; 38 Belgium; 8 Finland; 97 Ireland; 3 Ukraine; 6 Belarus; 6 Estonia; 1 Latvia; 193 Malta
Zoe – Loin d’ici (12 countries)
192 Germany; 52 Netherlands ; 116 Switzerland ; 111 Spain ; 58 Norway ; 155 Russia ; 30 Sweden; 13 Austria; 76 Belgium; 111 Denmark; 40 Finland
Frans - If I Were Sorry (12 countries)
35 Netherlands; 180 Italy; 157 Switzerland; 51 Norway; 183 Russia; 1 Sweden; 38 Austria; 138 Belgium; 77 Denmark; 130 Ireland; 2 Estonia; 3 Lithuania
Amir - J'ai cherché (10 countries)
8 France ; 92 Netherlands ; 132 Switzerland ; 109 Spain ; 120 Norway ; 79 Russia ; 53 Sweden; 198 Austria; 74 Belgium; 141 Lithuania
Douwe Bob - Slow Down (6 coutries)
1 Netherlands; 130 Norway; 75 Sweden; 74 Austria; 189 Belgium; 1 Estonia
Ira Losco - Walk on water (1 country)
Gabriela Guncikova - I stand
3 Czech Republic
Dami Im - Sound of Silence (1 country)
Considering these results, Sergey might have been the first to qualifiy in the first semifinal with Zoe as the runner up.
|Posted by Pedro.Eurovisionontop on May 11, 2016 at 11:00 AM||comments (0)|
Eurovision is not just the three shows you see. Eurovision is also about bringing music and people together. This time it was a jam in the Hard Rock Café of Stockholm.
A nice idea to bring music and music together. The jam worked very well. It opened about 4:30 pm and started officially at 5 pm with Suzy. A very special performance as Portugal is not participating this year and also because Suzy was very loved at Eurovision but also very criticized in 2014 in her own country and by other artists of the national final. That's what music is about.
To bring people and style together: in music there are no borders, there should be negative things. And also Suzy is a nice example how it can go in the music and specially at Eurovision. The audience decide if they like and if they forget you. And that's also what Eurovision on top is about - keeping the musicians and their work in mind.
Pedro de Almeida
|Posted by Eurovision On Top on May 11, 2016 at 10:50 AM||comments (0)|
Who's that girl? Who's the first spanish singer to perform in english?
1. Bárbara Reyzábal González-Aller, belongs to the Reyzábal family, a family that was dedicated to production of films, investments in real estate properties, and the operation of party venues in Madrid.
2. In 2001, she participated in the Benidorm International Song Festival as part of a duo known as Dos Puntos with the song "Abrazo del tiempo". They placed second but it is considered a first place since the winners were disqualified.
3. After Benidorms contest Barei moved to Miami, where she recorded demos in the Latin pop genre that she decided to keep unpublished.
4. Barei served as the warm-up act for Lenny Kravitz at the Starlite Festivalin Marbella.
5. She released two albums Billete para no volver (2011) and Throw the Dice (2015)
|Posted by Pedro.Eurovisionontop on May 10, 2016 at 3:25 PM||comments (0)|
"Let the Eurovision Song Contest begin" - that's the classic phrase to start the show. An beautiful Petra and a smart Mans have being wonderful hosts, being kind and funny at the same time. The show was fantastic, even with some faults, like the Croatian flag still switched on on th stage floor, when the performance started.
Or the Moldovan singer still having the accreditation badge on his shirt. And the Spanish fans showed after the Czech performance. That's live - that's part of the Eurovision! For the first time performances of 3 of the finalists (France, Spain and Sweden) were shown.
At the end the results were (order how announced in the show)
- Russia - no surprise at all
- The Netherlands - nice that they did it
- Hungary - also deserved
- Croatia - maybe a surprise
- Austria - wow, well done
- Armenia - good show so deserved
- Czech Republic - nice surprise and happy for Czech Republic
- Cyprus - cool guys! Well done
- Malta - she made it!
A lot of really good songs stay here... Iceland and Finland for example. Eurovision on top congrats specially the acts who didn't make it to the final, because they deserve and had amazing performances as well!
Now already 15 countries are known for Saturday. Eurovision on top keeps you updated.
Pedro de Almeida
|Posted by Eurovision On Top on May 10, 2016 at 10:50 AM||comments (0)|
Joe and Jake were chosen to represent the UK in Eurovision. Who are them?
1. In 2015 they both participated in the fourth series of the talent show The Voice UK and became a duo after the show ended.
2. Joe Woolford reached the Grand Final of the Open Mic UK competition between 2013 and 2014.
3. Jake Shakeshaft was a finalist on which was held at The Cavern Liverpool, he reached the Last 5 in the final.
4. Joe Woolford was inspired by 2Pac who led to him putting pen to paper and writing lyrics that strike a chord with others about his own personal life.
5. Jake Shakeshaft studied at Music Technology at Newcastle under Lyme College and worked part time, he had quit to concentrate on being a full time musician