|Posted by Eurovision On Top on April 9, 2019 at 6:10 PM||comments (0)|
The PLAY Awards happened tonight at Coliseu dos Recreios in Lisbon and it's the first ceremony to distinguish the best from Portuguese music.
Conan Osiris, the portuguese representative in Tel Aviv won the Best Newcomer Award. Conan Osiris was recognized because of his album Adoro Bolos which was released in the last day of 2017.
Dino Santiago (Interval Act of ESC2018 ) was the big winner of the night getting 3 Awards: Best Album; Best Artist; Critics Award.
Carlos do Carmo (Eurovision 1976) won the Career Award, the same tribute as he did some years ago at the Latin Grammy's Awards.
In the International section, Kendrick Lamar won the Best International and the Best Song Award.
|Posted by Eurovision On Top on April 2, 2019 at 1:45 PM||comments (0)|
Today Eurovision.tv revealed in which position the 35 countries will perform in the Semi-Finals of the 2019 Eurovision Song Contest, on 14 and 16 May. The order was decided by the producers, with the aim to create the most exciting television shows possible and ensure each act will stand out.
The running order of the first Semi-Final on 14 May:
The running order of the second Semi-Final on 16 May:
|Posted by Eurovision On Top on March 9, 2019 at 4:35 PM||comments (1)|
All the artists for the contest of 2019 are already known!
Here are some facts about the artists:
- 5 former ESC artists are returning: Sergey Lazarev from Russia who placed 3rd; Papai Joci from Hungary who placed 8th; Serhat representing San Marino again; Tamara Todevska from North Macedonia (placed 10th in 2008 but didn't qualify to the final); Nevena from Serbia took part in the contest in 2013 with Moje 3.
- Surprinsigly there are more male singers than female (18 against 14).
- 9 bands or duos are competing.
- Serhat from San Marino is the oldest in the competition (54) followed by Darude (43) from Finland and his friend Sebastian (41).
- Apart from some members from the Montenegrin band there are some teenagers in the competition: Carlotta from the S!sters of Germany (19), Bilal from France (19), Roko from Croatia (18 ) and Eliot from Belgium (18 ). But the youngest is Zena from Belarus with only 16 y.o.
- The average age of this years singers is 29 years old.
- Zena presented the Eurovision Junior in Belarus but Nevena from Serbia already took part on it in 2007 placing 3rd.
- If you believe in Astrology, we will tell you that 7 artists are Aquarius and 5 are Capricorn.
And don't forget that a country changed it's name. Former Yugoslavia Republic of Macedonia will be from now on called North Macedonia after the agreement with Greece.
|Posted by Eurovision On Top on February 8, 2019 at 5:50 AM||comments (0)|
Authors of Toy, song interpreted by Netta Barzilai, recognize similarities with Seven Nation Army, classic of White Stripes. If the accusation of plagiarism were to go to court, Israel risked losing its right to hold the festival in Tel Aviv. Both parties now agree, and White will receive some of the revenue generated by the song.
In June 2018, El País recalls, Universal Music contacted Doron Medalie and Stav Beger, composers of the winning song, and informed them that they might incur an infringement of Jack White's intellectual property rights. The songwriters of Toy, the song with which Israel won Eurovision in 2018 in Lisbon, reached a legal agreement with the American musician Jack White of the White Stripes, so is name will also appear in the credits of the song.
The accusation of plagiarism is about similarities between the winning music of Eurovision and Seven Nation Army, success of the White Stripes of 2003. The rules of the European Broadcasting Union, organizer of the competition, require that the themes presented in the competition are original. If the accusations of plagiarism were confirmed, Barzilai would have been disqualified and, consequently, Israel would lose the right to hold the festival on its territory.
Recall that every year severall participating songs are accused of plagiarism without any official conclusions, specially because it never happened with a winning song. That's why this case gets more evidence.
|Posted by Eurovision On Top on January 28, 2019 at 1:30 PM||comments (0)|
Bye Bye Lisbon!
Hello Tel Aviv!
It's now official, Today in Tel Aviv, the Semi-Final Allocation Draw for the 2019 Eurovision Song Contest has taken place allong with the Insgnia Cerimony in Which the vice president of Lisbon "passed the keys" to Ron Huldai, Mayor of Tel Aviv.
The cerimony was conducter by two of the presenters of the contest on May, Assi Azar and Lucy Ayoub, and it was informed that the first wave of tickets will go on sale later in February, through this year's official ticketing company Leaan.
The draw said that Spain, France and Israel will vote in the first Semi-Final, while Germany, Italy and the United Kingdom will vote in the second Semi-Final.
First Semi-Final (14 May)
Second Semi-Final (16 May)
source and photo: eurovision.tv