|Posted by Eurovision On Top on August 1, 2018 at 5:25 AM||comments ()|
EuroPride Stockholm now reveals two additional acts to this years Schlager Evening on August 2 - Lena Katina from the international super group t.A.t.u and the Finnish popstar Saara Aalto from Eurovision Song Contest 2018.
- It is Amazing to have been invited to EuroPride and take part in this special evening. I am so looking forward to lots of sing-along, says Lena Katina from t.A.t.u.
- This will be My first EuroPride and I am so thrilled to be a part of this very important event, filled with so much love. I cannot wait to meet the everybody and feel all the joy and see all the colors of the rainbow. To be able to spread so much love through my music during EuroPride Stockholm will definetly be the highlight of my summer, says Saara Aalto.
The following acts will perform during the Schlager evening August 2.
The evening will also be full of surprise acts.
Eleni Foureira (Cyprud 2018 )
Lena Katina/t.A.t.u (Russia 2003)
Kati Wolf (Hungary 2011)
Robin Bengtsson (Sweden 2017)
Saara Aalto (Finland 2018 )
Jessica Andersson (Sweden 2003)
Lindsay Dracass (Storbritannien 2001)
|Posted by Eurovision On Top on April 27, 2018 at 5:50 AM||comments ()|
Finland has participated in Eurovision for 51 times; 44 in the final. No one will forget their victory with Lordi because, like Portugal, they never entered the Top 5 before.
Saara Aalto is the new hope and she finally got the ticket for Eurovision. Who's Saara?
1. She was known for the audience in the UK by being the 1st runner up at 2016 X Factor . Matt Terry won.
2. Saara almost didn't get through to the X Factor live shows but she was picked by Nicole Scherzinger as a wildcard act.
3. She was also the 1st runner up at The Voice of Finland (2012), season one.
4. Saara has released a total of five albums between 2011 and 2015.
5. She took part in the national final of Finland for Eurovision in 2011. In 2016 she placed 2nd again.
Wild Wild Wonderland is the major label international debut studio album from the Finnish singer Saara Aalto, released under Warner Music.
The album includes all her songs from this year's national final, the ESC song and her song that came second in 2016.
|Posted by Pedro.Eurovisionontop on March 3, 2018 at 3:10 PM||comments ()|
One more mega night in the high season of the eurovision season.
1 night and 5 decisions in national finals. And here is a short summary, so that you don't miss anything.
Finland was the first country selecting the song this night. Saara Alto was already selected and performed this night the three songs "Monster", "Domino" and "Queens".
The selected song was "Monster". The audience was happy and Saara is a real popstar in Finland. If the monster will be a good or bad thing in Lisbon will be seen in may.
Interesting sounds are coming from Estonia. Eleni will perform an italian song in a kind of opera style. Something special and new for eurovision. If it works? We will see.
The smallest country this year invested in a complete new selection way. 1 of 360 gave everyone the chance to participate. At the end it wasn't the favorite winning. It was Jessika with the song "who we are". Maybe it helps to show "who we (San Marino) are" at the contest and repeat the ticket for the grand final.
In a good final and in a last minute victory Gromee ft. Lukas Meijer won the national final. The song is "light me up" and it would be a wish to finally light up on the scoreboard. Poland taking the competition serious for some years is waiting for a big success. Maybe this year the modern song will bring this moment.
Always good for a surprise and still waiting for a victory this year selected Ari with the song "our choice". The strong voice will try to get a lot of points and turn reality the first victory for the small island and the 300.000 island people.
|Posted by Eurovision On Top on November 7, 2017 at 11:30 AM||comments ()|
Saara Aalto will be the representative of Finland in the Eurovision Song Contest 2018 to be held in Lisbon on 08, 10 and 12 May.
The runner up of the British X Factor has been selected internally to represent Finland at the 63rd edition of the Eurovision Song Contest. The singer already has some experience in the Eurovision world after trying to represent her country in the Festival, participating in the Finnish preselection twice: in 2011 with the song "Blessed with love" obtaining the second position and in 2016, which despite being the great favorite of the contest, she obtained again the second position with the song "No fear":
Finland has participated in the Eurovision Festival since 1961 and has participated in total 45 times. This country won the festival for the first time in 2006 with "Hard Rock Hallelujah" from the Lordi group. Previously his best result had been a 6th place with "Tom tom tom" by Marion Rung in 1973. In the last edition held in Kiev this country was represented by Norma John and the song "Blackbird" getting the twelve position in the grand final.
|Posted by Pedro.Eurovisionontop on May 1, 2017 at 6:40 PM||comments ()|
The duo from Finland was the big surprise during the first rehearsals and is maybe not just a black bird, but also a potential back horse.
They present with their nothern coolness a cool song. Eurovision on top had the chance to speak to the duo and get some interesting facts about their participation.
1. How would you introduce Norman John?
Norma John is an indie band of two friends; Leena and Lasse. We write our own songs and do music because we love it and it’s our passion! We met each other 15 years ago when we were teenagers and started doing music together.
2. „Blackbird“ reminds the very successful dutch entree of 2013 in Malmö „Birds“. But what was the inspiration for your song?
The inspiration was life itself and it was a story that needed to be written. It came from our personal experiences. The bird part of our song is more symbolic
3. What have your musical career looked like in the last years?
We have been very busy with music these past years. We both have worked as a musician for a long time and we've been writing songs also to other artists. Lasse has been working also as a tv-studio musician and with other Scandinavian artists.
4. What do you think can eurovision bring to your musical career?
Eurovision is a great platform for new music and we really hope that people would listen to our music also after the competition. To be able to reach people and touch people with your own music, is really something we would hope to do in the future too.
5. What have you done in the night when Lordi won the contest for Finland?
Actually I (Lasse) had a gig somewhere in the middle of Finland that night. When we heard that Finland had won, we immediately played "Hard Rock Hallelujah"...hahah!!
6. What is your main objective for Eurovision this year?
Norma John is all about stories and we hope that people can connect to the song. Of course it would meen the world to us to get to the Eurovision final this year, with this story
7. What is the story and message behind your song?
The song is about loosing some-one. It is a song that almost everyone can relate to, because we´ve all been there! But we don’t think of it as just a sad song, it feels hopeful and empowering to us too. Music can help us through difficult times and things of our lives.
8. Europe is in a very special decade. What is your message to our readers and to europe? If the „blackbird“ shouldn’t sing, what birds should sing in europe actually?
Stay safe people, be kind to each other, spread the love, don't hate! And let all birds sing
We thank the band fo this interview and wish the best for Kiev.
Pedro de Almeida