|Posted by Eurovision On Top on April 30, 2018 at 4:20 AM||comments (0)|
Ireland is the country with more victories in Eurovision but in the latest years their songs were not that high!
Who is Ryan O’Shaughnessy?
1. Ryan previously competed on Britain’s Got Talent, placed 5th in 2012.
2. Ryan was a student in DIT (Dublin Institute of Technology) and undertook a music course at BIMM Dublin.
3. Ryan played Mark Halpin in Fair City for nine years, from 2001 to 2010.
4. He went on to appear on the very first series of The Voice of Ireland, and got through to the live shows on Brian Kennedy’s team.
5. In 2013 he took part in the Irish songwriting competition The Hit, going against his former The Voice coach Brian Kennedy.
|Posted by Eurovision On Top on January 31, 2018 at 5:40 PM||comments (0)|
Ryan O'Shaughnessy will represent the country at the 2018 Eurovision Song Contest in Lisbon as announced by Irish broadcaster RTÉ. Ryan O’Shaughnessy will perform 'Together' in the First Semi Final of Eurovision. The song "Together" was written by writers working in The Nucleus, a new Irish songwriting team and hub, founded by Hamlet Sweeney. The song will be released in the coming weeks. Ryan is known for reaching the final of the sixth series of Britain's Got Talent in May 2012, finishing in fifth place, as well as appearing on the first series of The Voice of Ireland.
|Posted by Eurovision On Top on November 14, 2016 at 8:10 AM||comments (0)|
The album is filled with all of Brian’s most beloved songs, re-recorded for a new era of Brian’s career by Irish producer Billy Farrell. 2016 is a challenging year full of positivity for Brian. Not only will he celebrate his 50th birthday but also the 20th anniversary of the original release of 'A Better Man' album and regaining full health following his recent battle with Cancer.
The album will be available on CD, iTunes plus available on Spotify and streaming services.
Having regained ownership of his back catalogue, Brian set about re-recording many of his most popular songs. Quite a number of songs on ‘The Essential Collection’ are taken from his album ‘A Better Man’. It’s hard to believe, listening to the songs, that they originally were released in 1996, they sound so fresh with their new 2016 sound.
‘A Better Man’ was certified 3 X Platinum in Ireland, held the #1 slot in the Irish charts for weeks and led to numerous sell out tours of Ireland including a run of 6 nights at Dublin’s Olympia Theatre, then 2 sold out shows at the then Point Theatre now called the 3Arena.
Brian also celebrated his 50th birthday in October in style with a show at Dublin’s Vicar Street (October 13th) where he performed the entire 'A Better Man' album from start to finish, marking the 20th anniversary of its release. It was some party with lots to celebrate!
Brian brings his legions of fans, 32 brand new versions of his songs they love so much:
'The Essential Collection' tracklisting:
Captured // A Better Man // Hollow // Crazy Love // Now That I Know What I Want // Best Friend // Christopher Street (feat. Boy George) // A Case of You // The Ballad of You & Me // Put The Message in the Box // Every Song Is A Cry For Love // Best Days // Get On With Your Short Life // Sunday Morning // New York // You Raise Me Up
Please Say Yes // Different God // So What If It Rains // Mountain Road // Cloudsong/At The Edge Of The World // Town // Silver Hearts On Chains // Life, Love and Happiness // You’re The Only One I Want // You Turn Me On I’m a Radio // Carrickfergus // The Reason We Are Here // The Ballad of Killaloe // Crying // Turn To Me // Christmas Morning.
|Posted by Eurovision On Top on May 3, 2016 at 10:15 AM||comments (0)|
Nicky Byrne is the internal selected artist to represent Ireland in ESC. Are you sure you know everything about him?
1. Nicky was the oldest member of the irish famous band Westlife.
2. Before his music career, he played professional football, representing Republic of Ireland at several junior levels.
3. He was ranked number two on Ireland's Sexiest Man of 2014, after Brian O’Driscoll an Irish former professional rugby union player.
4. With Westlife, Byrne has had 25 top ten UK singles, 14 of which, were number one, 7 number one albums and has sold in excess of over 45 million records worldwide.
5. Byrne also had a number one single in Ireland in 2002, alongside the Republic of Ireland national football team and Dustin the Turkey with the Irish 2002 FIFA World Cup anthem, "Here Come The Good Times (Ireland)".
|Posted by Pedro.Eurovisionontop on January 24, 2016 at 4:00 AM||comments (0)|
In the next weeks a lot of seletions are running and very easy to loose the overview of all choices and songs. But even easier just to read our weekly report and not to miss any selection, artist and song. Like this week! 5 choices and 4 songs:
1. An underdog for San Marino
2. An experienced artist for Ireland
3. Some freshness from Belgium
4. An IVAN from Belarus
5. A comeback for Malta
1. An underdog for San Marino - the turkish singer Serhat will sing for San Marino
In an internal selection the national broadcaster decided to send Serhat to Stockholm to represent the smalltest country in the contest.
Serhat could be a kind of underdog for the contest. He makes music for a lot of years and had already hits.
Till now there are no details about the song Serhat will sing in Stockholm. Eurovision on top will follow all information around San Marino's entree and inform you.
2. An experienced artist for Ireland - A boyband man Nicky Byrne
He had already a lot of hits years ago with the boyband Westlife. He also already had some experiences with Euovision. He presented three times the results of the irish vote.
Now Nicky already has a top 2! His song "Sunligh"t is the second song of the eurovision season 2016 being announced.
We will see, if that is an advantage or not.
3. Some freshness from Belgium - Laura Tesoro is the hope for the belgium tresor
Tesoro in spanish means treasure. After some very successful years at Eurovision Belgium returned with a strong national selection show.
This time it was a young and fresh girl winning. Laura Tesoro with the song "What the pressure".
If she will be able to handle with the pressure and hope all belgium people will put on her will be seen in Stockholm. Perhaps she will be a treasure for Belgium.
4. An IVAN from Belarus - one more X factor candidate
Last friday the broadcaster of Belarus hold their national final, which was won by IVAN.
"Help you to fly" is his song. Belarus would love to win and for sure they hope that this song will help this country to fly to the top of the scoring board in Stockholm.
If this will happen or not will be seen and decided by the audition.
5. A comeback for Malta - Ira Losco returning, but will return the success too?
Ira Losco made Malta in 2002 dream seriously of a victory at the eurovision. With the song "7th wonder" she was very close to make the first wonder for Malta at the contest.
She isn't the first former eurovision artist returning to the contest this year.
This time Ira Losco will try to make come true what she wanted to reach 2002 and what at the junior contest Malta did last year for the second time, a victory!
Eurovision on top will follow Ira Losco, as usually not just during the contest, but also afterwards and present all her new music in our site.
Don't miss our weekly reports in the next weeks. There will be more songs, more decision and more news.
Pedro de Almeida