|Posted by Eurovision On Top on October 29, 2018 at 1:15 PM||comments (0)|
Nicky Byrne and his fellows from Westlife are hitting the road together for the first time in seven years as they announce The Twenty Tour UK and Ireland area dates.
The group will play 12 arena shows, kicking off in Belfast on May 25. The Twenty Tour includes a date at London's O2 Arena and concludes with a massive show at Dublin's Croke Park on July 5. But the Tour is not only the good news since the group have signed a new record deal with Virgin EMI, and their new single - written by Ed Sheeran - is coming very soon.
Nicky Byrne's Sunlight placed 15th in one of the semifinals of ESC 2016.
The bad was formed in 1998 in Dublin, disbanded in 2012 and reunited in 2018. They were originally signed by Simon Cowell in the UK, Clive Davis in the US and managed by Louis Walsh and Sonny Takhar.
Westlife's Twenty Tour dates are:
|Posted by Eurovision On Top on April 30, 2018 at 4:20 AM||comments (0)|
Ireland is the country with more victories in Eurovision but in the latest years their songs were not that high!
Who is Ryan O’Shaughnessy?
1. Ryan previously competed on Britain’s Got Talent, placed 5th in 2012.
2. Ryan was a student in DIT (Dublin Institute of Technology) and undertook a music course at BIMM Dublin.
3. Ryan played Mark Halpin in Fair City for nine years, from 2001 to 2010.
4. He went on to appear on the very first series of The Voice of Ireland, and got through to the live shows on Brian Kennedy’s team.
5. In 2013 he took part in the Irish songwriting competition The Hit, going against his former The Voice coach Brian Kennedy.
|Posted by Eurovision On Top on January 31, 2018 at 5:40 PM||comments (0)|
Ryan O'Shaughnessy will represent the country at the 2018 Eurovision Song Contest in Lisbon as announced by Irish broadcaster RTÉ. Ryan O’Shaughnessy will perform 'Together' in the First Semi Final of Eurovision. The song "Together" was written by writers working in The Nucleus, a new Irish songwriting team and hub, founded by Hamlet Sweeney. The song will be released in the coming weeks. Ryan is known for reaching the final of the sixth series of Britain's Got Talent in May 2012, finishing in fifth place, as well as appearing on the first series of The Voice of Ireland.
|Posted by Eurovision On Top on November 14, 2016 at 8:10 AM||comments (0)|
The album is filled with all of Brian’s most beloved songs, re-recorded for a new era of Brian’s career by Irish producer Billy Farrell. 2016 is a challenging year full of positivity for Brian. Not only will he celebrate his 50th birthday but also the 20th anniversary of the original release of 'A Better Man' album and regaining full health following his recent battle with Cancer.
The album will be available on CD, iTunes plus available on Spotify and streaming services.
Having regained ownership of his back catalogue, Brian set about re-recording many of his most popular songs. Quite a number of songs on ‘The Essential Collection’ are taken from his album ‘A Better Man’. It’s hard to believe, listening to the songs, that they originally were released in 1996, they sound so fresh with their new 2016 sound.
‘A Better Man’ was certified 3 X Platinum in Ireland, held the #1 slot in the Irish charts for weeks and led to numerous sell out tours of Ireland including a run of 6 nights at Dublin’s Olympia Theatre, then 2 sold out shows at the then Point Theatre now called the 3Arena.
Brian also celebrated his 50th birthday in October in style with a show at Dublin’s Vicar Street (October 13th) where he performed the entire 'A Better Man' album from start to finish, marking the 20th anniversary of its release. It was some party with lots to celebrate!
Brian brings his legions of fans, 32 brand new versions of his songs they love so much:
'The Essential Collection' tracklisting:
Captured // A Better Man // Hollow // Crazy Love // Now That I Know What I Want // Best Friend // Christopher Street (feat. Boy George) // A Case of You // The Ballad of You & Me // Put The Message in the Box // Every Song Is A Cry For Love // Best Days // Get On With Your Short Life // Sunday Morning // New York // You Raise Me Up
Please Say Yes // Different God // So What If It Rains // Mountain Road // Cloudsong/At The Edge Of The World // Town // Silver Hearts On Chains // Life, Love and Happiness // You’re The Only One I Want // You Turn Me On I’m a Radio // Carrickfergus // The Reason We Are Here // The Ballad of Killaloe // Crying // Turn To Me // Christmas Morning.
|Posted by Eurovision On Top on May 3, 2016 at 10:15 AM||comments (0)|
Nicky Byrne is the internal selected artist to represent Ireland in ESC. Are you sure you know everything about him?
1. Nicky was the oldest member of the irish famous band Westlife.
2. Before his music career, he played professional football, representing Republic of Ireland at several junior levels.
3. He was ranked number two on Ireland's Sexiest Man of 2014, after Brian O’Driscoll an Irish former professional rugby union player.
4. With Westlife, Byrne has had 25 top ten UK singles, 14 of which, were number one, 7 number one albums and has sold in excess of over 45 million records worldwide.
5. Byrne also had a number one single in Ireland in 2002, alongside the Republic of Ireland national football team and Dustin the Turkey with the Irish 2002 FIFA World Cup anthem, "Here Come The Good Times (Ireland)".