|Posted by Eurovision On Top on May 3, 2018 at 7:00 AM||comments (0)|
1. Started her musical education at the age of five in Koper, Slovenia.
2. Lea already performed twice at the Eurovision Song Contest, namely in 2014 in Copenhagen with Tinkara Kovač, and in 2016 in Stockholm with ManuElla as part of the chorus.
3. Lea studied at the Conservatory of Music in Geneva and has played in various orchestras and participated in different seminars across Europe.
4. She participated regularly at various festivals, as well as EMA, the Slovenian national selection for the Eurovision Song Contest (2009, 2010).
5. Her participation in the show Znan obraz ima svoj glas (Your Face Sounds Familiar) left an indelible mark on viewers, as Lea was the most convincing through her transformations into famous world performers, including the 2017 Eurovision Song Contest winner, Salvador Sobral.
|Posted by Pedro.Eurovisionontop on February 24, 2018 at 4:15 PM||comments (0)|
This super saturday night 5 countries selected the song and artist for the contest in Lisbon. Eurovision on top gives you the update about the new songs for the Eurovision Song Contest 2018
The loudest song so far for this year and maybe of the last decades comes from Hungary. "Viszlát nyár" (Goodbye summer) is maybe also a goodbye to good results at the Eurovision?! AWS is the band which will shout at the eurovision song contest for Hungary.
A "funny girl" with portuguese roots from Brazil is singing for Latvia in Lisbon. In the national final she won the selection and will perform for Latvia at the Eurovision Song Contest
In the national final DoReDo was chosen as representative and will follow the Sunstroke Project of 2017, who made the best result ever for Moldova being 3rd at the end. If it will be "My happy day" or not at the end of the contest in may will be seen. But it doesn't look like they will do better than last year.
In the national final of Sloveniait was Lea Sirk winning the ticket to Lisbon. She will sing "Hvala, ne!" in Lisbon. The song has an interesting rhytm and it will be exciting to see, if Slovenia will be able to return to the grand final.
Also Ukraine chose this night the song Mélovin will represent the host of 2017. "Under the ladder" is the title and we will see, if this song will help Ukraine once again to climb on the scoreboard like in other years.
|Posted by Eurovision On Top on April 21, 2016 at 12:25 AM||comments (0)|
"Ella es Manuela"! But who really is ManuELLA?
1. Her real name is Manuela Brečko.
2. At the age of 16, she performed as a solo artist for Spet Doma, one of Slovenia’s most popular music TV programme and thus got first attention on the national level.
3. In 2010, she was chosen among the best 100 in the talent show Das Supertalent in Germany.
4. In 2011, she competed in Misija Evrovizija, and placed in the Top Four.
5. She studied in the Faculty of Electrical Engineering.
|Posted by Eurovision On Top on March 23, 2016 at 4:15 PM||comments (0)|
The Slovenian pop group Pop Design is been active since 1985. The founding members of the group have been Tone Košmrlj , Jani Marinšek , Marko Derlink , Damjan Tomažin and Danilo Čampa. In 1988 Miran Rudan joined band and they achieve a big popularity.
After Miran Rudan leaving the band in 1990, Vili Resnik joined the group. Vili was then a unknown singer but in this period they were very successful, as in the five years of cooperation in Slovenia carried out a greater number of concerts and recorded six albums with multiple hits.
Vili left the band 5 years later and tried a solo career by participatin in EMA for 3 times from 1996 to 1998 when he finally won with Naj bogovi slišijo. In 2001 and around 2006, Vili returned twice to Pop Design and now one time more!
Now, after more than 20 albums the band releases the song Kot ostrina noža.
|Posted by Eurovision On Top on February 15, 2016 at 1:15 PM||comments (0)|
Taking part in the Eurovision Song Contest for the second time seems to be a dream for former ESC artists even if they won like happened with Dana International, Carola or Niamh Kavanagh.
Let's make a journey across this years National Finals to see who are the repeating contender. In case they don't win their national finals they will join our charts as they are former Eurovision Artists.
Greta Salomé shared her first Eurovision experience with Jónsi but now she wants to be there alone. In the first heat of Söngvakeppnin 2016 she won the ticket for the final singing Raddirnar.
Kállay Saunders band is trying to win A Dal 2016 and next saturday the will play hard to win the ticket for the final. Who we are is the song.
The black and yellow singer from Slovenia in 2001 is back and trying to represent her country again in Eurovision. We are talking of course about Nusa Derenda. Back to Melodifestivalen we will find Martin Stenmarck, that will not be in Las Vegas but will sing Du tar mig tillbaks.
The Romanian National Final, Selecția Națională 2016, will be held in March and it is public that Mihai Traistariu will try again. Now, with Paradisio.
It's never clear if the winner of San Remo is the Italian representative in Eurovision. This year, Enrico Ruggeri tried again recalling that Il primo amore non si scorda mai.
And finally, the very first participant from Poland will try again since she submitted a song for Krajowe Eliminacje. She's of course the legendary To nie ja singer, Edyta Gorniak. This time trying to be Grateful.