|Posted by Eurovision On Top on April 25, 2018 at 6:25 AM||comments (0)|
FYRO Macedonias best place is a 12th out of 17 participations. When reached the final it was on the limit.
What will happen this time with Eye Cue? Are they lost? Will thet find a way to reach the final?
1. They are formed by duo consisting of vocalists Bojan Trajkovski and Marija Ivanovska.
2. They were formed in 2008.
3. The duo was joined by Darko Dimitrov in 2016. Darko produced the song.
4.They have achieved chart success with their song Magija in 2008
5. They made it into the MTV Adria Top 20 in 2010 with the song Not This Time.
|Posted by Pedro.Eurovisionontop on February 17, 2018 at 7:05 AM||comments (0)|
Out of 382 submitted songs the national broadcaster and a expert jury selected Eye cue.
Eye cue is one of the best bands in the country, which started out in 2008.
The title of the song is "Lost & Found" - kind of a descprition of the participations of Macedonia in the last years... kind of lost in the competition, but maybe this year they found the best for a victory.
The song is not known yet and we will update you as soon as we know something.
|Posted by Eurovision On Top on April 4, 2016 at 2:45 PM||comments (0)|
Kaliopi needs no presentation as she is one of the most famous artists from FYRO Macedonia.
1. In 1976, with 10 y.o, she entered a Macedonian children's festival called "Zlatno Slavejče", which she won with the song "Mojata učitelka"
2. In 1984, Kaliopi founded the band "Kaliopi" with Romeo Grill. They participated in the Split Festival, where they won the best debut performer award for their song "Da more zna".
3. Kaliopi competed at the 1996 edition of Skopje Fest, the national selection for the Eurovision Song Contest 1996 with the song "Samo ti" but the song didn’t qualify for Eurovision.
4. Kaliopi was part the judging panel for the first edition of Macedonian Idol .
5. Crno i belo placed 13th in Eurovision 2012.
|Posted by Eurovision On Top on March 7, 2016 at 2:20 PM||comments (0)|
One more edition of the Oskar Popularnosti was held last 1st of March.
These Awards are the based on popularity votings and are given every year in the Bosnia and Herzegovina city of Banja Luka.
In this edition, Jelena Tomasevic won the Awards for Best Album by "Ime moje" and Daniel Kajmakoski won the Award for new song by "Samo za ljubav".
Daniel has been shooting the new video for this song with no more than 30 models.
The next edition of Oskar Popularnosti in 2017, will be the 20st.
|Posted by Pedro.Eurovisionontop on December 19, 2015 at 6:55 PM||comments (0)|
Kalipoi is a very good known eurovision artist and brought the vest ranking of all times to FYR Macedonia. Also for our readers Kaliopi is very known and her singles always go directly to our charts.
It was in 2012 (Baku) that Kaliopi sang for FYR Macedonia and it was the best qualification ever for this eurovision country making the 13th place. FYR Macedonia started in 1996 to participate and was represented by the same Kaliopi, just the result was worser, making the 26th of 29th place. So it will be Kaliopi's third time at the Contest.
We are very proud to had the exclusive chance to have a short pre-interview with Kaliopi at this very early moment, knowing that Kaliopi still is working on everything.
Read now what the first insights of Kaliopi's participation are.
1. Kaliopi, just tell us how do you feel returning to Eurovision?
Excellent! I can't wait to come to Stockholm and hang out with ESC fans, journalist and amazing staff!
Photo: Kristijan Teodorov
2. Tell us, what is the story behind your return? How was this decision made?
I was invited by the MRT (Macedonian Radio Television) to represent my country again. After some thinking I've decided to come back at ESC stage with a good, proven musical recipe alongside Romeo Grill.
3. It's still very early, but what could the fans expect from your return?
Since ESC fans always have high expectations, I can promise that they will be very satisfied and happy with what I'll bring them next year. They really deserved it, and ESC fans are the main reason for my return at the stage of the ESC.
4. Could you already give anything about your song and performance?
With the song for ESC 2016 I will give you my performance of a lifetime. I can guarantee this because once again I have Romeo Grill as an author by my side - he knows my sensibility and feelings and knows exactly what the audience wants to hear and receive from me.
Photo: Kristijan Teodorov
5. How will be the way for you to select the right song? Or is the song already selected?
At the moment we are working hard on ESC2016 song, and once again, as in 2012, Romeo and I are creating unique music without flirting with musical trends and styles. We create our music in such authentic way – and ours songs look just like us.
6. What are your objectives for the Eurovision 2016?
At least to repeat the success from 2012 and once again to give a great song that people around the world will sing for a long time!
Eurovision on top thanks Kaliopi fpr this chance to get already some information and first impressions about the Kaliopi we will see in 2016.
We will keep you informed about any news and come back with more details.
Pedro de Almeida