|Posted by Eurovision On Top on April 25, 2018 at 5:00 PM||comments (0)|
Croatia took part in Eurovision for 23 times; 18 in the final.
Are they becoming crazy? Or it's just the song of Franka?
1. Franka Batelić (25) was the winner of the first season of Showtime. A show similar to Pop Idol.
2. She is an LGBT and animal rights activist and fronted the 2009 Animal's Friend campaign in Croatia.
3. Franka studied at the Zagreb School of Law.
4. She might be familiar for the eurofans since her song "Ruža u kamenu" was chosen to represent Croatia at the 2008 OGAE Song Contest and won!
5. She won the 4th season of Ples sa zvijezdama, the Croatian version of Dancing with the Stars.
|Posted by Eurovision On Top on February 13, 2018 at 10:10 AM||comments (1)|
The Croatian national broadcaster announced that Franka Batelić will fly to Lisbon next May and will represent Croatia at the 2018 Eurovision Song Contest with the song 'Crazy'. The broadcaster held an internal selection to determine their country's representative. The song will be presented today in the radio programme Drugi dio dana. Franka Batelić will preform her song Crazy in second half of the First Semi-Final on 8th of May at the Altice Arena in Lisbon.
|Posted by Eurovision On Top on June 11, 2016 at 6:50 PM||comments (0)|
Severina, Goran Karan and Danijela Martinović (together with Giuliano) released their video of the song "Love makes me dizzy", which is the part of the musical "Our White Story", written by Nenad Nincevic and Goran Karan.
The song“ Love makes me dizzy“ features four legendary star singers from Split , Croatia- Severina, Goran Karan , Danijela Martinović and Giuliano.There is unprecedented curiosity in this vocal quartet since three of the singers Severina,Goran Karan and Danijela Martinović represented Croatia at the Eurovision Song Contest.
Our White Story , the musical,is going to be premiered in November this year.
Watch the video here:
|Posted by Eurovision On Top on May 23, 2016 at 1:10 PM||comments (0)|
The band RIVA, ESC winners of 89 representing Yugoslavia, just released a new album "The Best of Collection" with the most famous hits of the group from Zadar.
RIVA debuted in 1988 at Zagrebfest and in the next year they won the Eurovision Song Contest in Lausanne with the song "Rock Me" by Rajko Dujmić and Steve Cvikić . The mega-hit "Rock Me" also placed 4th in Nashville at the festival Distant Accords Award. In 1989 they released the self-titled album, which includes a few hits such as “Sretan ti put”, “Kad bi dečko bila ja” or “Ja te volim”.
The second album, “Srce laneta” was released in 1990, and has hits like “Meni mama neda da”, “Nije fer”, “Sretni dani” and “Suzo moja , piši” among others. Although they released only two studio albums, the group left his mark in the Croatian music history, and the success of the song "Rock Me" is elusive to many artists who want to gain popularity outside the Croatian borders.
The Album "The Best of Collection" contains a total of 21 songs and a bonus track , "Rock Me" in English version .
Recall the winners of 1989 in Eurovision:
|Posted by Eurovision On Top on March 31, 2016 at 2:25 PM||comments (0)|
Nina Kraljić will be on the stage of Eurovision representing Croatia. Do you know these things about her?
1. She is the winner of The Voice – Najljepši glas Hrvatske- season one
2. Her first TV appearance was in 2009 when she entered the Croatian version of Got Talent where she placed 10th
3. Her debut single was "Zaljuljali smo svijet" in June 2015 but her first recording was Kaži mi in 2009.
4. Last 17th of March she won the Croatian award Porin for the best uprising artist in Croatia
5. She dubbed the voice of Gerda in the animation film Snow-Queen