|Posted by Eurovision On Top on April 2, 2019 at 1:45 PM||comments (0)|
Today Eurovision.tv revealed in which position the 35 countries will perform in the Semi-Finals of the 2019 Eurovision Song Contest, on 14 and 16 May. The order was decided by the producers, with the aim to create the most exciting television shows possible and ensure each act will stand out.
The running order of the first Semi-Final on 14 May:
The running order of the second Semi-Final on 16 May:
|Posted by Eurovision On Top on April 2, 2019 at 1:40 PM||comments (0)|
40 years after Grease, the memoir "Do not Stop Believin ' ", released this month, brings together the life and work of the singer and actress, from the odyssey with Travolta to her fight against Cancer, and of course Eurovision, in her own words.
As described by the publisher, "with candor, humor, and warmth, legendary musician, actress, activist, and icon Olivia Newton-John reveals her life story--from her unforgettable rise to fame in the classic musical Grease to her passionate advocacy for health and wellness in light of her battles with cancer. Perfect for fans of Tina Turner's My Love Story and Sally Field's In Pieces, this international bestseller is an extraordinary can't-miss memoir.
For more than five decades, Olivia Newton-John has been one of our most successful and adored entertainers. A four-time Grammy Award winner, she is one of the world's bestselling recording artists of all time, with more than 100 million albums sold. Her starring roles in the iconic movies Grease and Xanadu catapulted her into super-stardom. Her appeal as a performer is timeless.
In addition to her music and screen successes, Olivia is perhaps best known for her strength, courage, and grace. After her own personal journeys with cancer, she has thrived and become an inspiration for millions around the world. A tireless advocate for countless charities, her true passion is as the founding champion of the Olivia Newton-John Cancer Wellness & Research Centre in her hometown of Melbourne, Australia. Olivia has always radiated joy, hope, and compassion--determined to be a force for good in the world."
Buy it now here:
|Posted by Eurovision On Top on March 25, 2019 at 9:35 AM||comments (0)|
A look at the charts!
The 2018 Eurovision Song Contest winner Netta earned her first No. 1 on a Billboard chart, as "Toy" topped Dance Club Songs, at August 25th.
This week, in the dance Chart we can find two ESC singers.
At number 5 and after peaked 4, Laroussi spent her 10th week on the chart with the song Lost. Laroussi is no more than Hind who represented The Netherlands in 2008 with Your Heart Belong's To Me.
Find the video here: https://www.eurovisionontop.com/apps/videos/videos/show/19058729-laroussi-lost-
Netta peaked the highest position this week and is now in a ascending trajectory with her latest song Bassa Sababa. Will she earn one more number 1?
The TOP 3 of this chart is occupied by:
3 - Diana Ross - The boss 2019
2- DJs from Mars - Gam Gam
1- Giant - Calvin Harris & Rag'n'Bone Man
|Posted by Eurovision On Top on March 9, 2019 at 4:35 PM||comments (1)|
All the artists for the contest of 2019 are already known!
Here are some facts about the artists:
- 5 former ESC artists are returning: Sergey Lazarev from Russia who placed 3rd; Papai Joci from Hungary who placed 8th; Serhat representing San Marino again; Tamara Todevska from North Macedonia (placed 10th in 2008 but didn't qualify to the final); Nevena from Serbia took part in the contest in 2013 with Moje 3.
- Surprinsigly there are more male singers than female (18 against 14).
- 9 bands or duos are competing.
- Serhat from San Marino is the oldest in the competition (54) followed by Darude (43) from Finland and his friend Sebastian (41).
- Apart from some members from the Montenegrin band there are some teenagers in the competition: Carlotta from the S!sters of Germany (19), Bilal from France (19), Roko from Croatia (18 ) and Eliot from Belgium (18 ). But the youngest is Zena from Belarus with only 16 y.o.
- The average age of this years singers is 29 years old.
- Zena presented the Eurovision Junior in Belarus but Nevena from Serbia already took part on it in 2007 placing 3rd.
- If you believe in Astrology, we will tell you that 7 artists are Aquarius and 5 are Capricorn.
And don't forget that a country changed it's name. Former Yugoslavia Republic of Macedonia will be from now on called North Macedonia after the agreement with Greece.
|Posted by Eurovision On Top on March 4, 2019 at 3:05 PM||comments (1)|
Mickey Harte performed We've Got the World in the contest of 2003 and took Ireland to 11th place. Since then, Mickey Joe Harte has released some albums but essentially played live by filling concert halls.
Me Two is the new album and the new single is titled Stressed Out. The new album is full of his favourite songs and memories of the last 40 years.
Mickey also returns for his first tour in 6 years and will be touring Ireland in February and March before returning to a European Tour.
Buy Mickeys music here https://itunes.apple.com/ie/artist/mickey-joe-harte/637825440