|Posted by Eurovision On Top on June 28, 2013 at 4:25 PM|
Tu cara me suena it’s an extremely successful Spanish TV show which premiered on September 28, 2011, on Antena 3. In this contest some celebrities try to incarnate various stars of the National and worldwide music industry.
The combination of televoting, jury voting and themselves the contestants determine the winner of each show and then the money collected during the night from the televoting, is given to a charity of the winner’s choice.
The 1st season in Spain broke so many records that it was adapted by countries all over the world and just like Spain with impressive results.
According to some internet sources, so far, and since the format debuted in Spain, there have been 20 versions confirmed worldwide (as of June 2013). Many countries are planning to launch the show in the future; those include Brazil, Croatia, Ecuador, Germany, Malaysia, Peru and South Africa.
All over Europe, among contestants and guest performances, we can enjoy a lot of impressive acts by big Eurovision Stars.
Below you can witness 10 of them, but there are many many more!
1) Ani Lorak (Ukraine, 2008) as Adele in the Russian Odin v odin;
2) Yulia Savicheva (Russia, 2004) as Freddie Mercury also in Odin v odin;
3) Eda Ines-Etti (Estonia, 2000) incarnating Sinead O'Connor in Su nägu kõlab tuttavalt;
4) Tanel Padar (Estonia, 2001) being Tina Turner in the Estonian show;
5) Mando (Greece, 2003) as Stevie Wonder;
6) Daniel Dieges (Spain, 2011) as the lead Singer of Europe and their ultimate hit “The Final Countdown” in Tu cara me suena;
7) Luciana Abreu (Portugal, 2005) as Beyoncé in A Tua Cara Não me é Estranha;
8 Nucha (Portugal, 1990) as Pink in the Portuguese version of the show;
9) Natasha St-Pier (France, 2001) as Amy Winehouse in Un air de star;
10) Amaury Vassili (France, 2011) as Ray Charles.