|Posted by Pedro.Eurovisionontop on April 11, 2017 at 1:25 PM|
The spanish final in fact was the biggest drama in the running eurovision season. There have been rumors of biased jury members, of "Tongo" what spanish people say, when they think something is manipulated with money.
The winner Manel told us “ it was no big deal”. Read now what he told us.
“EuroDrama” was what RTVE said after the national final and the hard reactions a Spanish national final never had seen before. There have been rumors, that the selection of Manel was already decided before. And also the national parliament asked for explanation about. Till today the national broadcaster didn't publish the televoting results.
The peak of the scandal was the former head of delegation resigning. Eurovision on top wrote a special about this situation, which you invite you to read. Click here to read the article: "About Blatter, fans, hooligans, euroDRAMA and possible fraud"
1. Manel, who were the young boy 6 month ago?
It was a boy, just signed to Sony Music Spain with his first single, "Candle", coming out. But I have the same dreams and illusion than those days. Well I have now one more: to win Eurovision.
2. Why did you decided to participate at the national final at spanish TV?
I never thought of being in a contest like this, but one day, my record label asked me if I wanted that my second single was one of the options for the festival. I thought it could be fun, so I got in. I never expected to win our own selection.
3. As non spanish media, we just got a few headlines about the national final. How would you explain to a foreign media what the story around the national selection is?
That was not really a big deal. Now everything is calmed because in so many other countries happened similar things. For example, in Sweeden, who won the jury's favorite. As in our case. Or Mans Zemerlow won Eurovision, not being the first in tele vote.
4. „Do it for your lover“ is a good mood summer song. What does the song means to you?
For me is an anthem for love. Is a song that I wrote for those who I really care about. I think that you always have to everything you can for the people you love. That's what the song is about.
5. What are your plans for the time after eurovision?
My first EP is coming out in a few weeks, just before Eurovision. After the contest I'm going on tour, and in September my first album will be available in the stores. I can't wait!
6. Regarding Kiev, what is the thing you have the most respect about?
Everything. Now that I'm on the process I cannot express with words how exciting everything is to me. Is the most beautiful experience of my life. I always have so much respect for the public, imagine with that many million viewers!
7. You are doing a lot of promo, what was actual your personal highlight and why?
Meeting all the other contestants. If I had to choose one moment, maybe would be when I sang "Do it for your lover" in the ucranian national selection and Jamala danced the whole song. She was so nice backstage with me. I would never forget what she said to me and about my song.
8. How was the experience in Amsterdam for you?
Incredible. What an amazing crowd!
9. Europe is in a very special decade. What is your message to our readers and to europe? What should be message what should we „do for our europe“?
We all should spread love, not hate. We should celebrate diversity, celebrate friendship, celebrate happiness. She should do it. Do it for our lovers. hehe
We wish Manel all the best for his performance and the RTVE that after this year they will be able to make peace with the spanish fans, but first of all with the spanish audience, which maybe lost a bit of trust and passion in the spanish Eurovision participations this year.
Pedro de Almeida
(no I am not spanish!)