|Posted by Eurovision On Top on May 1, 2018 at 5:00 AM|
Alexander Rybak is the Most Popular Artist in the chart of #EOT http://www.eurovisionontop.com/top-artists since he is been number 1 for 13 times!
1. Alexander Rybak is no stranger to the Eurovision Song Contest world as he won the gig in 2009 with the highest score in the history of the contest.
2. Rybak was born in Minsk, Belarusian Soviet Socialist Republic. His family emigrated to Norway when Alexander was young.
3. His parents are Natalia Valentinovna Rybak, a classical pianist, and Igor Alexandrovich Rybak, a well-known classical violinist.
4. Rybak speaks Norwegian, Russian and English fluently, and has performed songs in all three languages.
5. In 2010, several incidents caused rumours of anger control problems. During the rehearsal for the Melodi Grand Prix finals in Bærum, Rybak became so infuriated when a sound technician was not doing what he wanted, that he smashed his own hand, breaking his fingers. Also, during rehearsals for Swedish television in June 2010, he smashed his violin on the floor. But that’s only rumours!
In 2017 he made one of the most notable covers of Salvador Sobral “Amar pelos Dois”: