|Posted by Pedro.Eurovisionontop on February 24, 2018 at 11:30 AM|
ZIbbz is the duo represting Switzerland. Brother and Sister will perform the song STONES in Lisbon.
Eurovision on top had the chance to speak to Zibbz about Salvador's victory, the host country Portugal and what they think about the theme and slogan of this year. Read now.
1. When you think about Portugal, what is the first thing having in mind?
The great weather, free spirit, sports and the beautiful country! We love it!
2. Have you ever been to Lisbon and what did you like the most? Or what are you the most excited about Lisbon, if it is your first time?
Yes, we visited Lisbon for one day as kids with our grandparents a looong time ago! So we are looking forward to being there, tasting all the amazing food and soaking up the culture and maybe even catching some sunshine on the beach!
3. What was your reaction about the victory of Salvador last year?
We love the fact that, simple, honest and PURE music talent won the contest! It’s time for real, well handcrafted songs to win.
Thank you Salvador!
4. How did the idea come up to participate at the swiss national final?
Of course we always used to watch the ESC with our family when we were kids. But never felt we had the right song to compete. With «Stones» we think we have a song in hand that has the potential to make a little difference in this world.
5. What was your link to eurovision so far?
We like that it brings people of all races together.
6. What do you expect from Eurovision for your musical career?
To play as many shows as possible! Releasing new music videos, and keep creating!
7. What does the theme “All aboard” means to you?
On every ship you have to have a working team/crew. Which we are happy to say we have!
It also tells us that everyone is invited and equal. We can totally relate to that.
8. Eurovision this year will be without big LED walls, what do you think about that fact?
We love that! We are totally „old school". The focus will be on the performers, and the music. That’s the way it should be in our opinion.
9. The inspiration for the theme of this year was the ocean. Which meaning does it has for you?
We LOVE the ocean. It’s a symbol for freedom, travel and adventure.
We used to go sailing with our family, in our heart we are sailors. The sea has a certain free feeling to it, and it makes us feel at home.
10. What is the story behind your song?
We wrote «Stones» in a songwrite-camp with the Canadian songwriter Laurell Barker.
The message is something which moves us all deeply and is sadly still a problem in today’s world. It's about inclusion, equality, diversity and tolerance. It's a call to stand up against bullying and hate.
We thank Zibbz for the interview and wish a lot of fun in Lisbon and all the best for the Eurovision.
Pedro de Almeida